selections of exemplary penmanship.
Here are answers to your colourful queries.
1) New Deadline
for list of participants : 21st May
2) Hazeril's question : Yup.
- Referring to the table provided in the Pre NCG Booklet, am I right to assume that the upper one is the first day (i.e. 1st July 2007) followed by the day after? Correct me if I'm wrong, on the night of 30th June '07 there'll be a lecture/seminar; 1st July night AGM of MASCA National to be called to order, and 2nd July will be the closing ceremony-cum-Malaysian Night ?
3) T shirt Colours :
The spinning bottle has spoken.
Committee - Red
QLD - Green
SA - White
WA - Orange
TAS - Brown
ACT - Dark Grey
NSW - Light Blue
VIC - Dark Blue
a) Futsal will not clash with netball. Same day, different time.
b) Futsal is 2 male teams and 1 female team (website was mistaken, woops.)
c) Futsal is 7 a side (7 players per side in court at one particular time)
d) Two leagues - Round robbin. Top two from each league will play in semis
a) Late arrivals. Call the Quartermasters (Anthea : 0421392999; Umar : 0424377980) on the day. Prior to games, please indicate in spreadsheet so arrangements (meals etc) can be made.
b) There are no curfews (except for veleong
. boo.), although self-restraint is advised when enjoying the Melbourne nightlife. Especially if you have a game the next day.
c) Room allocation will be done during registration, and done by state. Males and females are to be kept separate. Especially if you have a game the next day. heh.
6) The $180 cost.
I am told (correct me if it was not so) that Sydney charged $190 and Canberra charged $160 (add $40 for Malaysia Night). Our $180 includes Malaysia Night, superb accomodation, unparralelled location and food you will call home about. For all these and more (we are in the world's most liveable City after all! [joint first with Vancouver]) we believe the price is more than reasonable. We applaud the state committees for their support and understanding. We also appreciate the concerns put forth, so we are currently working on the available options to cater to special cases. Await a reply latest by Monday.
7) Malaysian Night
Venue is yet to be confirmed. Seating arrangements will be announced once we confirm your numbers. Tentatively it is free seating, but requests can be made during registration in Melbourne.
8) Only Malaysians
are allowed to participate. And make sure they are students. We'll know.
Albert Park is not confirmed. But to answer your question, Luqzan, it would be quite a challenge to walk there. Due to the drought experienced by the 'garden' state of Victoria, rugby/soccer fields are hard to come by. Supposing the final venue is a considerable distance from the accomodations, we will be providing adequate transport for the players. Supporters may hop on the buses once all the players have been transported.
10) We have hired St. John's Ambulance
to be available during contact sports. Transport will be provided to our many hospitals (Royal Melbourne Hospital, Royal Children's Hospital, Royal Women's Hospital, Royal Dental Hospital. Take your pick) which are all between two to five minutes away.
11) Hazeril's question : Exactly what we had in mind =)
- I was made to understand that each state are to send two teams for Soccer and Futsal. As the whole championship runs on points basis, it is best that despite having two teams each, points will only be awarded based on the order of state-wise i.e. Let's say for Futsal, the champion is Victoria A, runner-up Victoria B, 2nd runner-up QLD, and third runner-up NSW; Points tally will be considered as VIC,QLD,NSW instead of VIC,VIC,QLD (Bear in mind that this doesn't affect medal presentation). This is to ensure a fair go for all visiting states which have to consider players availibility and selection disadvantages.
12) Masca Idol
: One performance per state. Group or solo. You are welcome to perform interpretive dance, trapeze acts or even syair recitals, but we really (really) recommend songs. 7 minutes per group. Microphone(s), stage and speakers provided. Musical instruments are available on request, though it would be best if you provided your own (where possible).
13) All participants will receive certificates
(but of course!)
In the cost breakdown sent previously, you can see that we hardly charge for the games themselves. The $180 covers accomodation, welcome pack (shirt etc), food and Malaysia Night. Hence, supporters and players enjoy the same benefits at the same price. If money is still a problem, perhaps they could just come on their own and cheer the team. We don't charge admission. =)
- 10 per team (7 + 3 subs)
16) The cost
($180) covers 2nd of July Night Stay and 3rd July breakfast. Checkout time for the 3rd of July is 12 pm (no lunch).
I guess that's it for now. We look forward to receiving your namelist by Monday the 21st.
Feel free to ask more questions if you feel the itch.